Delivery approach: Virtual
* Default delivery approach is Virtual. For onsite or private bookings, larger groups, more than 4, please contact us directly to arrange.
The instructor-led BCS Foundation Certification in Architecture Concepts and Domains can be delivered as a
- Weekday 3-hour every Tuesday evening course for 6 weeks (18:00-21:00) – Available
- *Weekday evenings are a rolling bootcamp course, allowing you to join any week on any module.
- Weekend 2-day condensed course ([Weekend]_Date) – Contact for dates
- Weekday 3-day standard course – (Dates_) (09:00 – 17:00) – Contact for dates
- Total learning is 18 hours
- Subject to availability with options displayed
Where students wish to attempt the exam without taking the course, you have the following options available:
The BCS Foundation Certification in Architecture Concepts and Domains:
- 1. BCSExam: Exams can be booked directly without covering the course where students have experience in the subject matter (£195 + VAT)
- 2. ExamBundle1: PractiseExams + BCS Exam (£269.99 + VAT) – (*PractiseExams: 3 sample papers and 1 mock exam)
- 3. ExamBundle2: CourseRecaps + PractiseExams + BCS Exam (£349.99 + VAT) – (*CourseRecaps are a bullet point course summary, not the full material)
- If you fail the exam and wish to attend the course, you’ll receive a discounted rate subject to completing either option 2 or 3. Please contact us for further details.
The BCS Foundation Certification in Architecture Concepts and Domains refers to the required reading book Solution Architecture Foundations by Mark Lovatt, published by BCS.
You can purchase the book directly from architechtraining.com, BCS and most retailers.
Once the course booking has been confirmed and payment taken, additional information shall be provided prior to the course starting date, in relation to any pre-read material and the environmental setup required to ensure your experience is optimal.
What’s included in the course?
- A tutor led training course either over a 3, 2 day or over a 6 week period
- FREE BCS EXAM
- 3 sample exam papers taken throughout the course
- 1 mock exam taken at the end of the course
- Pre-booked exam for the day after the completed course, which can be changed to a time of your suiting
- Recommend between day 3 – 7 or week 7
- Fast paced and focused
- Personable, fun and engaging deliveries with empathy and care
- Experienced industry trainers with over 20 years’ experience
- Maximum* 10 delegates per 2-3 day course
- We care about you and your journey #behuman #beyou
- We are here to help you
- Day 4 – Self study or optional readiness exam (if available) for an additional fee, followed by the examination
BCS Examination and Format
The BCS Exam shall take place online via the BCS remote proctoring service, allowing delegates to book the exam at a day of their choosing. It is recommended delegates book the exam as soon as the course is completed. Our recommendation is to book the exam in the same week the course is being delivered, whilst allowing you one day self-study or exam readiness to recap your knowledge.
The exam fee is included within the course costs and the format is one-hour multiple-choice examination consisting of 40 questions. Delegates need to achieve 65%, 26 out of 40 correct questions to pass the exam.
Optional Exam Readiness days
We may periodically offer optional exam readiness days for delegates who wish to spend one day covering additional exam mock questions, recaps and exam scenarios. These optional exam readiness days also offer one free exam retake should you not pass. The exam must be taken towards the end of the exam readiness day or the following day.
For those who pass their first BCS exam, you will be provided free BCS membership.
British Computer Society (BCS) membership typically includes the following benefits:
- Access to BCS publications and journals
- Access to a network of like-minded professionals
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences
Please note that these benefits may vary over time and it is always better to check directly with BCS for the latest information.
Please view BCS Membership